You’ve likely given this question a lot of thought.
In fact, answering this question can be quite difficult. Am I successful employee? Am I a successful parent and/or spouse? Am I a successful student? I think you get the point. Your answer depends upon your angle.
Here’s another angle to consider: am I a success in the eyes of God?
This Sunday we will find out God’s metric for success according to Joshua 1:1-9. Be sure to join us to make sure you know the Lord’s key to a successful life.
Book of the Law
Points to Ponder
- In Joshua 1:1-9 success is tied to a very specific objective. What is it?
- How might we be tempted to misuse what this text says about success?
- What must Joshua and Israel do to achieve success?
- What is biblical meditation? Read Psalm 1 about the connection between biblical meditation and blessedness.
- Israel’s conquest of Canaan would require courageous obedience (Joshua 1:9). What situation in your life right now requires courageous obedience (hint: it might be the very thing you are most reluctant to tackle)?
- What encouraging promise does God give to Israel (v.9)? How does this promise affect your view of your challenging situation?
Explore the book of Joshua.