We dream of a church . . .
where all of life is viewed through the lens of the Lordship of Christ; where everyday mission is the heartbeat of every participant; where passion for Christ permeates the fabric of every being; where prayer is as natural as breathing; where the life and power of the Spirit is evident through dynamic spiritual growth, passionate worship, and zealous service.
where the worship of God is joyful and reverent; where music is jubilant and theologically meaningful; where the preaching and teaching is biblical and practical; where God’s word is eagerly and thoughtfully received and passionately obeyed.
where people discover real answers to life’s greatest questions from the Word of Life; where doubters doubt their doubts; where the hopeless become hopeful through faith in Jesus Christ; where people bear one another’s burdens; where broken marriages are healed; where dysfunctional families find functionality; where children and youth are nurtured in the faith.
where love, support, and warmth abound; where empathy for the lost, disenchanted, and doubtful is readily displayed; where growth is anticipated as the norm, rather than the exception; where every believer discovers and joyfully exercises their gifts for God’s glory and the building up of the Church.
where creativity and innovation is embraced and encouraged; where taking risks for the kingdom of God is both encouraged and expected.
where the spark for the planting of new churches is ignited.
To offer real hope for real people.
- Word of God – We believe the Word of God is divinely inspired, infallible, living, and active (Heb. 4:12). It is the supreme and final authority for faith and conduct (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- Gospel – We believe the Gospel is the announcement of the good news of what God has done through His Son Christ Jesus, which is necessary for the redemption of humanity (Romans 3:24) and advancement of God’s Kingdom (Mark 1:15). Repentance from sins and faith in the gospel is necessary to receive such redemption, enter into God’s kingdom (Mark 1:15; Luke 18:17; Jn. 1:12-13), and enjoy new life in Christ (Romans 6:4; John 10:10). Therefore, the gospel is the central value from which all other values flow.
- Holy Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, guides (Romans 8:14), transforms (2 Corinthians 3:18), and empowers (Acts 1:8) us in our worship and witness. Therefore, we will seek His guidance and enabling for all we do and say through the word of God and prayer.
- Prayer – We are convinced that humble and dependent communion with the Triune God, as demonstrated in Jesus’ life (Mk. 1:35; Lk. 3:21; 5:16; 6:12; 9:28) and the Early Church (Acts 1:14; 4:23-24; 12:5), is necessary for vibrant growth and service. This means the ministry of prayer undergirds every decision and initiative of the Church.
- Discipleship – Making disciples and growing as a disciple are the joyful, exciting, and ongoing privileges of every Christian (Matthew. 28:16-20; Acts 1:8). No matter where persons are on their journey with Jesus, we want to help them know Jesus, grow in Jesus, and go serve like Jesus.
- Service – Jesus came not to be served but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45). Therefore, we believe service in the church and in the community is a mark of Christ-likeness (Phil. 2:1-11).
- Excellence – We believe our ultimate purpose as a church, is to please and glorify God (Colossians 3:17). Therefore, we seek to honor Him by maintaining a high standard in all we do.